Closing school classes can quickly stop the spread of COVID-19
Children in school classes are probably the main driver of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Basic logical reasons for the crucial importance of schools for the spread of the epidemic:
There are statistical data, in Czechia, confirming the crucial importance of schools for the spread of the epidemic:
- children go to classes even infected (unknowingly, because they have no symptoms and are not tested)
- full-time teaching is the most risky type of contact (dozens of children and their teachers are in close and long contact with each other every day in small enclosed spaces [classrooms])
- there are millions of children and their teachers, parents (and grandparents) in total (they make up the majority of the population)
- children in the classroom can therefore form hidden "bridges" between outbreaks
Look at the picture from 2020-12-18:
- there was no major spread of the epidemic in the summer 2020 (schools were closed) in Czechia
- Shortly after the start of the school year, there was a sharp increase in diseases
- schools were closed on 2020-10-14 and 14 days later the spread of the epidemic stopped (the peak of the second wave was at the end of October 2020)
- the rapid decline in the number of people infected lasted until the partial reopening of schools on 2020-11-18
- three weeks after the opening of the schools, the number of infected people started raise again (another "provisions" did not have a chance to show at that time)
Thus, longer school closures can certainly make a significant contribution to a quick stop of the COVID-19 epidemic. It is a necessary and important complement to other measures against the spread of the epidemic.
Please, try to verify this connection from your sources. Consider the above reasons and then possibly promote this idea. I believe it can save many lives.
No other anti-epidemic measure can have such a big effect.
- close of full-time teaching in school classes (until vaccination)
- put children and teachers to the first wave of vaccination
- then let only vaccinated children go into school classes